Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Mediterranean Lentils and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Savor the flavors of the Mediterranean in every bite of this hearty side dish. Increase the serving size, and the protein-packed dish becomes a meatless entrèe.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup converted long-grain rice
- 2 (14-ounce) cans seasoned chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
What To Do:
- Place lentils in a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover with water 2 inches above lentils; let soak 8 hours. Drain and rinse; return lentils to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle lentils with salt and rosemary. Layer onion over lentils; then add rice. Pour broth over layers.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 4 hours. Uncover and stir in tomatoes. Cover and cook on LOW setting 45 more minutes or until lentils are tender and liquid is almost absorbed. Gently stir in olives and cheese. Serve immediately.