Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Nutty Potato Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're ready for a unique French dinner go-along, stop here! Or should I say, start here?
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled, cooked, mashed and cooled
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 whole egg, beaten
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled potatoes, egg yolk, butter, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and almonds; mix well.
- Roll the potato mixture into tablespoon-sized balls. Dip the balls into the beaten egg, then in the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat; do not allow the oil to burn. Fry the balls, turning frequently, until brown on all sides.
- Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
A perfect make-ahead side dish. They just need to be rewarmed on a cookie sheet in a 250 degree F. oven for about 20 minutes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Do you love bacon? How about cheese? If you nodded enthusiastically to either of those, then you're about to experience something wonderful...a Bacon and Cheese Lover's Pie. It's a quiche-style dish that's absolutely loaded with cheese, bacon, and some chopped spinach. You'll be smiling from your first forkful to your last.