Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Old-Fashioned Cornbread Dressing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This savory and herb-filled Old-Fashioned Cornbread Dressing has all the homemade taste you crave during the holidays, but is made using a simple shortcut. So, plug in your slow cooker and get ready to reap in the compliments!
What You'll Need:
- 4 1/2 cups cornbread crumbs
- 1 (14-ounce) package herb stuffing mix
- 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
What To Do:
- Coat a 5-1/2- or 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients except butter. Pour cornbread mixture into prepared slow cooker and dot with butter.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 4 hours, or until cooked through and set.
- Did You Know? While many people use the words "stuffing" and "dressing" interchangeably, the difference between the two is that stuffing is typically cooked inside the bird while dressing is cooked in a casserole dish.
- Want another stuffing option to offer your guests? How about our delicious Holiday Stuffing!
- This Old-Fashioned Cornbread Dressing is a family-favorite side dish during the holidays. If you're looking for more side dishes like this one, check out our FREE eCookbook, Thanksgiving Side Dishes: 35 Family-Favorite Recipes for Thanksgiving Sides.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.