Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
If you've ever had pierogi for dinner, you might have thought that they would make a great side dish, too. Well, they do...they do!
What You'll Need:
- 1 package (16.9 ounces) frozen pierogi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 small onion)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook the pierogi, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Add the remaining ingredients, including the cooked pierogi, and gently stir until the pierogi are heated through and coated with the onion. Serve immediately.
Pierogi originated in Poland, but their destination is your belly, so try making them as above, or substitute your favorite spices and herbs to give them different ethnic accents.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.