Quick Italian Rice
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
- READY IN
- 45 Min
The "quick" means it'll be on the table in minutes. The "Italian" means lots of good old-fashioned flavor.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup long- or whole-grain uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
cup thinly sliced carrots
cup thinly sliced zucchini
cup thinly sliced yellow squash
cup dry white wine
cup grated Parmesan cheese
teaspoon white pepper
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice and 1-1/2 cups of the chicken broth; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat and cook the carrots, zucchini, and yellow squash for 2 to 3 minutes, just until softened. Add the wine and cook for 2 more minutes; set aside and keep warm.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup broth to the hot rice and stir over medium-high heat until the broth is absorbed. Stir in the cooked vegetables, cheese, and pepper. Serve immediately.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES