Rice and Asparagus Casserole
A great full-flavored side dish like they dish up at the fanciest restaurants. Now you can make it at home!
What You'll Need:
2 pounds fresh asparagus, cleaned, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cups cooked rice, cooled
teaspoon cayenne pepper
cup sour cream
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook asparagus until tender-crisp, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine rice, salt, cayenne pepper, sour cream, milk, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Spoon half of rice mixture into prepared baking pan. Arrange asparagus on top, then spread remaining rice mixture over asparagus.
- Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and bake and additonal 5 minutes.
03 24 12