Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 12 to 14 pancakes
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 20 Min
Everyone loves potato pancakes but not the labor of the traditional recipes. With this simple potato pancake recipe, your gang can enjoy these crispy and delicious treats, and you'll be the only one who knows how easy they were to make. This simple pancake recipe is guaranteed to be a winner 'cause you'd normally only order them when you're out at dinner. Who knew you could make a simple pancake recipe like this one right in your own kitchen?!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (20-ounce) bag refrigerated shredded potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
What To Do:
In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, and egg; mix well. Add flour, salt, and pepper; mix until well combined.
Measure about 1/4 cup potato mixture for each pancake and form into pancake shape.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place pancakes in hot oil and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden on both sides. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter; serve warm.
- If you prefer to shred fresh potatoes, you will need 3-1/2 cups
- Serve these piping hot with sour cream or applesauce. If you'd like to be a super kitchen hero, you can easily make your own applesauce.
- If the mixture seems too dry, just add a tablespoon of water.
Looking for something a little different? Try our Sweet Potato Pancakes!
- If you're looking for more German recipes like this simple pancake recipe, check out our collection of 12 Traditional German Recipes You Can't Miss.
- For even more of our favorite potato recipes, check out our free eCookbook, Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes & More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a hard time deciding which Halloween candies you want to eat first, then you're going to love this recipe for Halloween Candy Bark. We took some tips from Dr. Frankenstein and created a bark made from an assortment of your favorite candy. The results are "monstrously" good!