Slow Cooker "Fried" Rice
You read it correctly! These eggs cook in the slow cooker, no skillet required. But we did bring out the skillet to brown the rice before adding it to the slow cooker. This helps to keep the rice from becoming gummy during the long cooking time. Splurge on dark sesame oil to bring authentic Asian flavor to your "fried" rice.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3/4
cups uncooked converted long-grain rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 1/2
cups chicken broth
- 1 (1.3-ounce) package hot-and-sour soup mix
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen baby corn and vegetable blend with green peas
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 scallions, chopped
- soy sauce
What To Do:
- Heat oils in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add rice and garlic; sautè 4 minutes or until golden.
- Combine rice mixture, broth, and next 3 ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 2 hours or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Pour eggs over rice mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH setting 45 more minutes or until egg is set. Stir in scallions, and serve with soy sauce.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES