Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Smashed Red Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our scrumptious Smashed Red Potatoes are a nice twist on the expected. These creamy and fluffy homemade mashed potatoes can be a potato lover's dream come true.
What You'll Need:
- 8 medium-sized red potatoes (about 3 pounds), scrubbed and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) jar mushroom gravy, warmed
What To Do:
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, sour cream, milk, salt, and pepper; beat until smooth and well blended. Serve with warmed gravy.
To peel or not to peel potatoes? That's always the question. Leaving the peel on gives your mashed potatoes nice color and texture, and the skin is where most of the nutrients are, but make them the way your gang prefers.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!