- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
What exactly is Spanish Rice, you say? Well, we'll tell you one thing: it's certainly delicious! Spanish rice uses some of our favorite vegetables and seasonings to turn an ordinary side dish recipe into something that could truly steal the show at any dinner menu. Want to try adding a couple of different spice? No problem! It's your recipe; make it your own!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef (see Note)
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain or brown rice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
teaspoon ground cumin
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
What To Do:
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, and green pepper, cooking until meat is browned; drain liquid.
Stir in remaining ingredients; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
For a lighter recipe, you can substitute ground turkey or veal for the beef.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES