Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The tiny, delicate German noodle known as spaetzle is more popular than ever! Our easy recipe for Special Spaetzle will make your gang feel special, because you made it from scratch.
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
What To Do:
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper; mix well. Add the eggs and water; mix with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Bring a large pot of water to a hard, rolling boil over high heat; add remaining salt. In batches, drizzle the batter from a wide slotted spoon into the boiling water. When the spaetzle (noodles) float to the top of the water, remove them with a slotted spoon and drain in a colander. Place in a bowl, add butter and parsley, and stir gently just until mixed.
Click here to check out all the crazy good Oktoberfest recipes that the Test Kitchen is cookin' up!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a homemade dessert, but don't feel like baking? Then our recipe for No-Bake Lemonade Cheesecakes is right up your alley! In less than 10 minutes you can whip up this 5-ingredient dessert recipe that'll have you dreaming of breezy blue skies and fields of fresh berries.