Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Spiral Baked Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a new way to show off your kitchen know-how. You'll have everybody wondering just how you made these cheesy Spiral Baked Potatoes. Isn't it fun to show off a little?
What You'll Need:
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices Cheddar cheese, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions or chives
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Put 2 wooden spoons parallel to one another and place a potato lengthwise between the handles. Make 8 crosswise cuts three-fourths of the way through the potato, stopping each time the knife hits the spoon handles. Repeat with the remaining potatoes; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt, and pepper; rub the mixture evenly over the potatoes. Place the potatoes on a cookie sheet and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven and place a cut piece of Cheddar cheese on top of each potato; bake for 2 to 3 more minutes, until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with the chopped scallions and serve.
If you'd like, add some sour cream and/or bacon bits to make these even more special.