Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tired of the same old potatoes? Well, here's a new easy twist on an old standby that turns whatever you serve them with into a more special dish. Yams do that all the time? they've got a holiday touch to them.
What You'll Need:
- 4 sweet potatoes or yams
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh or 1 teaspoon dried grated orange rind
- 1 cup flaked coconut (optional)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Scrub the potatoes thoroughly and rub with oil. Put in a shallow baking pan, prick top of each with a fork.
- Bake 1 hour, or until tender. Remove from oven, and lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Let potatoes cool, and cut a slice from the top of each one. Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
- In a large bowl, combine the potato pulp, sugar, milk, orange juice, cinnamon, and salt; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in the orange rind and 1/2 cup coconut.
- Spoon potato mixture back into shells. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Show off your American pride by serving up these Patriotic Blueberry Pie Parfaits at your Memorial Day barbecue. Made with a frozen blueberry pie shortcut, creamy vanilla ice cream, and strawberry toppings, this dessert isn't just summer-refreshing, its also super easy to put together!