Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everybody loves potatoes, but sometimes we'd like to change them up a bit. Our Three-Cheese Potatoes are a great alternative and can turn a simple meal into a feast!
What You'll Need:
- 6 potatoes, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese, dry curd or pot style (1 16-ounce container is about 1-2/3 cups)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
What To Do:
Place potatoes in a large pot, add enough salted water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes; drain and cool slightly.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a (1-1/2-quart) casserole dish with cooking spray.
Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch slices; place slices in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, scallions, parsley, dill, and salt; add to potatoes and mix gently. Spoon mixture into prepared casserole dish; sprinkle cheeses over the top.
Bake about 30 minutes, or until light golden and bubbly.
If dry curd or pot-style cottage cheese is not available, use small curd cottage cheese but strain it first. You can make this dish lighter by using low-fat cheeses and sour cream, and you can cut down on the salt, if you prefer.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.