Time Out Stuffed Spuds
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 25 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 25 Min
When a timeout is called, it's a great time to take a break from the action and sink your teeth into everybody's favorite finger food - potato skins! This batch is stuffed with a delicious hot chicken salad that makes it as good as a three-point play!
What You'll Need:
6 large baking potatoes
cup vegetable oil
teaspoon black pepper
1 (10-ounce) can white chunk chicken, drained and flaked
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded pepper-Jack cheese, divided
3 scallions, chopped
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub potatoes pierce skins several times with a fork.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or microwave 12 to 15 minutes, until tender. Allow to cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out pulp, leaving about 1/4 inch around skins; reserve pulp for another use.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, salt, and pepper. Rub potato shells inside and out with oil mixture, coating completely, and place on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- In another medium bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup cheese, scallions, and mayonnaise; mix well and spoon equally into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until the edges are crispy and brown.
If you'd like, go ahead and load these up with additional toppings like sour cream or bacon bits just before serving.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
01 03 12