Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Truck Stop Home Fries
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Keep your eyes "peeled" for the biggest spud on the road! Yes, in celebration of 75 years of Idaho Potatoes, the Famous Idaho Potato Truck will be touring the country! In salute, enjoy our tasty Truck Stop Home Fries made with this all-American favorite.
What You'll Need:
- 6 Idaho russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 bacon slices
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full with water; add potatoes and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, then crumble. Add onion to bacon fat and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until it starts to brown. Add potatoes, bacon, salt, and pepper; toss gently and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until brown, stirring occasionally.
- Don't miss the Famous Idaho Potato Truck as it tours the country! Click here to see where you can see this giant spud on wheels!
- Plus, if you loved these homemade French fries, don't forget to check out our recipe for Homemade Onion Rings!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.