Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Utah's Best Funeral Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you're called upon to comfort someone and need the perfect bring-along dish, we recommend Utah's Best Funeral Potatoes. This hearty, creamy hash brown casserole will surely be appreciated by friends and family. Of course, it's a super side dish for a happy occasion, too.
What You'll Need:
- 1 stick butter, divided
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup coarsely crushed butter-flavored crackers
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt 1/2 stick butter. Add onion and saute 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, cheese, soup, sour cream, salt, pepper, and onion; mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt remaining butter in microwave; stir in cracker crumbs. Sprinkle cracker mixture over potatoes.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 to 15 additional minutes, or until golden brown and heated through.
If you enjoyed our recipe for Utah's Best Funeral Potatoes, then be sure to check out our collection of Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes & More.
Feel free to substitute any flavor cream soup for the cream of celery, and refrigerated shredded hash browns also work well!
Casseroles are always a favorite around here, both for their ease and their comfort, so here's another favorite we'd like to share: Amish Country Casserole!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.