Utah's Best Funeral Potatoes
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
- READY IN
- 50 Min
When you're called upon to comfort someone and need the perfect bring-along dish, we recommend Utah's Best Funeral Potatoes. This hearty, creamy hash brown casserole will surely be appreciated by friends and family. Of course, it's a super side dish for a happy occasion, too.
What You'll Need:
1 stick butter, divided
cup diced onion
1 (32-ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 (10-1/2-ounce) can cream of celery soup
2 cups sour cream
teaspoon black pepper
1 cup coarsely crushed butter-flavored crackers
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt 1/2 stick butter. Add onion and saute 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, cheese, soup, sour cream, salt, pepper, and onion; mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt remaining butter in microwave; stir in cracker crumbs. Sprinkle cracker mixture over potatoes.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 to 15 additional minutes, or until golden brown and heated through.
Feel free to substitute any flavor cream soup for the cream of celery, and refrigerated shredded hash browns also work well!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
09 30 14