Utah's Best Funeral Potatoes
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
- READY IN
- 50 Min
When you're called upon to comfort someone and need the perfect bring-along dish, we recommend Utah's Best Funeral Potatoes. This hearty, creamy hash brown casserole will surely be appreciated by friends and family. Of course, it's a super side dish for a happy occasion, too.
What You'll Need:
1 stick butter, divided
cup diced onion
1 (32-ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 (10-1/2-ounce) can cream of celery soup
2 cups sour cream
teaspoon black pepper
1 cup coarsely crushed butter-flavored crackers
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt 1/2 stick butter. Add onion and saute 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, cheese, soup, sour cream, salt, pepper, and onion; mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt remaining butter in microwave; stir in cracker crumbs. Sprinkle cracker mixture over potatoes.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 to 15 additional minutes, or until golden brown and heated through.
- Feel free to substitute any flavor cream soup for the cream of celery, and refrigerated shredded hash browns also work well!
- Casseroles are always a favorite around here, both for their ease and their comfort, so here's another favorite we'd like to share: Amish Country Casserole! And we've got lots more on our website, so check 'em out!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
09 30 14