Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Yep, they're a winner! These aren't your everyday, ordinary French fries Winning Fries beat out the rest 'cause they're finished with grated Parmesan, chives, and a touch of salt. Serve this easy-to-make, prize-winning go-along, and you'll be rewarded with raves!
What You'll Need:
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 4 pounds (8 to 10) Idaho russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Salt to taste
What To Do:
- Fill a deep soup pot 1/3 full with vegetable oil and heat to 350 degree F. over medium heat. If you prefer to use a deep fryer, follow the manufacturers' instructions to heat oil to 350 degree F.
- Meanwhile, leaving the skin on, cut potatoes into the shape of French fries, and place in water. Once all potatoes are cut, drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Once oil has reached 350 degree F., in small batches, carefully place potatoes in oil and cook until golden. Using a wire basket or slotted spoon, remove fries and drain excess oil; repeat until all potatoes are cooked.
- Place fries in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with cheese, chives, and salt; toss to coat then serve immediately.
For a rich, classic taste, you may want to spray the finished fries with truffle oil before sprinkling with the cheese, chives, and salt. You should be able to find truffle oil in your supermarket.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.