With an entire summer of grilling ahead of us, now's a good time to check our grills and equipment.
Here's what to do:
- Spruce up your grill or, if necessary, get a new one.
- Check propane levels if you have a tank, or stock up on charcoal and other supplies.
- Check grilling tools for making cookouts easier and freeing up cooking space.
- With food safety a top priority, make sure you have a set of color-coded tongs: red for handling raw meat as it gets placed on the grill, and green for taking cooked meat off the grill, so there's no cross-contamination!
- If you have the urge to nudge food around the grill, to make more room when you're grilling a lot of items for a crowd or with larger items like ribs, there are little silicone cooking tongs you wear on your fingers. Heat-resistant to 500 degrees, these give you a bit more control and safety because everything's truly right at your fingertips!
- Another helpful gadget is one with a long handle and an end that's curled like a pig's tail. You gently insert the sharp tip into your grilling food and it flips right over! This is better than a fork because it turns and handles the food without squeezing out all its juicy flavor.
These are just a few of the many grilling gadgets that are available in stores and online to help make our grilling effortless. They're versatile enough to use in your kitchen, so whichever ones best suit your needs will surely make your grill-fest more enjoyable. Get cooking and flip over all the..."OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"