The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Amish Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
One of our kitchen testers said, "It's a fruity side dish." Another one said, "No, no, it's a dessert!" Well, we think this Dutch recipe could be either, and it goes well with poultry and ham.
What You'll Need:
- 13 slices white bread, cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine bread and orange juice and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
In a medium-sized bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add remaining ingredients and mix until creamy. Add to bread mixture; mix well.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish and bake 1 hour, until center is set and puffy. Serve immediately.
This really is best when served right from the oven.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
BBQ sauce and smoked paprika are the key ingredients to making this chili recipe taste extra-smokin' good. Not only is our Smokin' BBQ Chili recipe flavor-packed and delicious, but it's made in just one pot, so it's extra-easy to clean up, too!
- Miss Hudson's Banana Pudding
- Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
- Microwave PB&J Bread Pudding
- Classic Rice Pudding
- Traditional English Pudding Dessert
- The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- Caramel Bread Pudding
- Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding
- Georgia Bread Pudding