The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Amish Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One of our kitchen testers said, "It's a fruity side dish." Another one said, "No, no, it's a dessert!" Well, we think this Dutch recipe could be either, and it goes well with poultry and ham.
What You'll Need:
- 13 slices white bread, cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine bread and orange juice and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
In a medium-sized bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add remaining ingredients and mix until creamy. Add to bread mixture; mix well.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish and bake 1 hour, until center is set and puffy. Serve immediately.
This really is best when served right from the oven.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!
- Georgia Bread Pudding
- Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
- New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- Miss Hudson's Banana Pudding
- Homemade Coconut Pudding
- The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- Baked Rice Pudding
- Donut Bread Pudding
- Black and White Napoleon Pudding
- Decadent Chocolate Pudding