Amish Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One of our kitchen testers said, "It's a fruity side dish." Another one said, "No, no, it's a dessert!" Well, we think this Dutch recipe could be either, and it goes well with poultry and ham.
What You'll Need:
- 13 slices white bread, cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine bread and orange juice and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
In a medium-sized bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add remaining ingredients and mix until creamy. Add to bread mixture; mix well.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish and bake 1 hour, until center is set and puffy. Serve immediately.
This really is best when served right from the oven.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a lover of crispy-crunchy snacks, then you're really going to enjoy this recipe for Crispy Green Bean Fries. Lightly-breaded green beans are baked until they're perfectly crispy, so you can enjoy healthier and yummier snacking.
- Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
- Classic Rice Pudding
- Donut Bread Pudding
- New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- Miss Hudson's Banana Pudding
- Baked Rice Pudding
- Creamy Rice Pudding
- The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- Black and White Napoleon Pudding
- Georgia Bread Pudding