The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Apricot Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Day-old bread becomes brand new comfort food when we bake up this melt-in-your-mouth recipe for apricot bread pudding. Serve it with some piping hot coffee and unwind in style!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (1 pound) loaf day-old Italian bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups warm water
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons apricot brandy
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, toss together bread pieces and water, soaking bread.
In a small bowl, beat eggs, then stir in heavy cream. Add to soaked bread along with apricots, vanilla, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon; stir until well combined. Place in prepared baking dish.
Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until puffy and firm in center.
- In another small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and brandy, stirring until smooth. After removing finished pudding from oven, while still warm, top with apricot glaze.
This should be served warm, so, if not serving it right from the oven, cool, cover, and store in the refrigerator. Just before serving, cover and reheat the pudding in a 300 degree oven about 15 minutes, then top with the glaze.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!
- Caramel Sea Salt Banana Pudding
- Strawberry Mousse
- Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
- Ambrosia Tapioca Pudding
- Georgia Bread Pudding
- Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Miss Hudson's Banana Pudding
- Strawberry Trifle
- The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- Blueberry Bread Pudding