Banana Nut Bread Pudding
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
- READY IN
- 40 Min
Who wouldn't go bananas over this old-fashioned comforting bread pudding? Banana Nut Bread Pudding is an awesome, change-of-pace taste from traditional, and one you're sure to make again and again.
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups 1-inch cubes French or Italian bread (day old is better)
cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
cup heavy cream
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place bread cubes in prepared dish. Pour butter over bread cubes and toss to coat.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, milk, granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla, and salt. Stir in bananas. Pour over bread cubes and gently stir to coat. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining vanilla, the confectioners' sugar, and heavy cream, until smooth. Pour over bread pudding and serve warm or cold.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
01 05 14