Banana Nut Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who wouldn't go bananas over this old-fashioned comforting bread pudding? Banana Nut Bread Pudding is an awesome, change-of-pace taste from traditional, and one you're sure to make again and again.
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups 1-inch cubes French or Italian bread (day old is better)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place bread cubes in prepared dish. Pour butter over bread cubes and toss to coat.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, milk, granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla, and salt. Stir in bananas. Pour over bread cubes and gently stir to coat. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining vanilla, the confectioners' sugar, and heavy cream, until smooth. Pour over bread pudding and serve warm or cold.
If you loved this simple banana recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Irresistible Banana Recipes: 36 Recipes with Bananas.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bring a little taste of the South to your kitchen with our recipe for Catfish 'n' Slaw. We coated U.S. farm-raised catfish in a flavor-packed island seasoning before pan-frying it and finishing it off with a homemade tropical coleslaw. One bite of this dish and you'll be saying, "Let's make some more, ya'll!"
- Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
- Strawberry Swirl Dessert Shooters
- Blueberry Bread Pudding
- Creamy Rice Pudding
- Miss Hudson's Banana Pudding
- Egg Custard
- Salted Caramel Dessert Shooters
- The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- Georgia Bread Pudding
- Chocolate Hazelnut Dessert Shooters