Chocolate Drizzle Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 45 Min
Now, this is my idea of leftovers! Yes, yesterday's bread makes a great base for today's fresh dessert.
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Add the bread cubes and toss gently, then let stand for about 15 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Place half the bread mixture in a 7" x 11" baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Drizzle with half the melted chocolate.
- Cover with the remaining bread mixture and drizzle with the remaining chocolate. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the edges of the bread are light golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly, then chill for at least 2 hours; serve or cover and chill until ready to serve.
If you have a variety of leftover bread, even including raisin bread, that's okay. It can be mixed together and used here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
With our recipe for 1 Minute Cinnamon Bun you can enjoy a cinnamon bun for breakfast, dessert, or anytime you want! All you need is a microwave, some easy ingredients from your pantry, and your favorite mug. Before you know it, you'll be enjoying a cinnamon bun that's all your own.
- Miss Hudson's Banana Pudding
- Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
- Microwave PB&J Bread Pudding
- Traditional English Pudding Dessert
- Classic Rice Pudding
- New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- Caramel Bread Pudding
- Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding
- Yam Banana Pudding