Chocolate Drizzle Bread Pudding
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 45 Min
Now, this is my idea of leftovers! Yes, yesterday's bread makes a great base for today's fresh dessert.
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Add the bread cubes and toss gently, then let stand for about 15 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Place half the bread mixture in a 7" x 11" baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Drizzle with half the melted chocolate.
- Cover with the remaining bread mixture and drizzle with the remaining chocolate. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the edges of the bread are light golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly, then chill for at least 2 hours; serve or cover and chill until ready to serve.
If you have a variety of leftover bread, even including raisin bread, that's okay. It can be mixed together and used here.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES