Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love making bread pudding in the slow cooker, and this Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding is no exception! Butterscotch chips and pecans add an extra-special touch that's sure to please.
What You'll Need:
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (1-pound) cinnamon-raisin bread loaf, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips (see Note)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
What To Do:
- Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in milk and next 3 ingredients. Add bread cubes, stirring until moistened. Stir in butterscotch chips and pecans. Pour into a lightly greased 4-quart round slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 2 hours or until center is set. Carefully remove slow cooker insert from heat element. Let stand, covered, 30 minutes. Serve pudding warm with whipped cream, if desired.
For more cinnamon flavor, you can substitute an equal amount of cinnamon chips for the butterscotch chips. Cinnamon chips tend to be a seasonal item -- available only during the holiday months -- so, if you love 'em, stock up.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check our collection of Dessert Ideas: Top 9 Recipes with Cinnamon.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We gave a family-favorite a tasty and modern makeover by adding a crispy, potato tot topping that's so good everyone will want to dig in right away! They'll be surprised to find such a tasty, gooey, cheesy, and meaty filling in this amazing Potato Tot Enchilada Casserole.