Classic Rice Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 20 Min
Rice pudding is one of those comfort foods that just soothes the soul. Our recipe for Classic Rice Pudding takes this down-home dessert back-to-basics with it's light vanilla flavor and creamy taste.
What You'll Need:
- 8 cups (1/2 gallon) milk
- 1 cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- In a large pot, combine the milk, rice, egg yolks, and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until thickened and the rice is tender, stirring frequently to keep the rice from sticking.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla, and allow to cool slightly.
- Spoon into a serving bowl or individual dessert dishes, and chill for 2 to 3 hours. Serve, or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- All you need to top this off just right is a generous dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg just before serving!
- Looking for a new way to change up this old fashioned rice pudding recipe? Check out our collection of some of Our Best Rice Pudding Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!
- Georgia Bread Pudding
- Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
- New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- Miss Hudson's Banana Pudding
- Homemade Coconut Pudding
- The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- Donut Bread Pudding
- Baked Rice Pudding
- Black and White Napoleon Pudding
- Creme Brulee