Classic Rice Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 20 Min
Rice pudding is one of those comfort foods that just soothes the soul. Our recipe for Classic Rice Pudding takes this down-home dessert back-to-basics with it's light vanilla flavor and creamy taste.
What You'll Need:
- 8 cups (1/2 gallon) milk
- 1 cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- In a large pot, combine the milk, rice, egg yolks, and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until thickened and the rice is tender, stirring frequently to keep the rice from sticking.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla, and allow to cool slightly.
- Spoon into a serving bowl or individual dessert dishes, and chill for 2 to 3 hours. Serve, or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- All you need to top this off just right is a generous dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg just before serving!
- Looking for a new way to change up this old fashioned rice pudding recipe? Check out our collection of some of Our Best Rice Pudding Recipes or check out more favorites in our free eCookbook, The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
- Donut Bread Pudding
- Miss Hudson's Banana Pudding
- New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- Baked Rice Pudding
- Blueberry Bread Pudding
- Creamy Rice Pudding
- Homemade Coconut Pudding
- Almost Belgian Chocolate Mousse