New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll feel like you're in the middle of Bourbon Street when you hear the cheers for your New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce. Do it! Make dessert a Mardi Gras!
What You'll Need:
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 loaf French bread, broken into pieces (approximately 9 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour milk into a large bowl; add bread, crushing with the back of a spoon, and soak until all milk is absorbed. Add 3 whole eggs, 2 cups sugar, vanilla, and raisins; mix well. Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until firm and golden.
- Before serving, in a medium saucepan, combine the butter, evaporated milk, 1 cup sugar, and egg yolk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in bourbon then serve sauce warm over bread pudding.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We pan fry our cauliflower in a seasoned mixture of breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to give it a rich and nutty taste that makes this veggie irresistible. Serve your family our Parmesan Crusted Cauliflower, and you'll be surprised at how fast they'll eat eat it up!