The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you're craving the classic tastes of the good old days this bread pudding recipe will do the trick. Our Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding is made the same way Grandma used to make it when she was a young girl and boy is it good!
What You'll Need:
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups soft bread cubes (about 5 slices bread)
- 1/2 cup raisins
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place butter in a small bowl. Scald milk (heat it to just below boiling), and pour it over the butter; stir to mix well.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Gradually stir in milk mixture then stir in sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Place bread cubes and raisins in a 1-1/2-quart baking dish; pour in milk mixture. Stir gently to evenly moisten bread. Set baking dish in a larger pan; add hot water to larger pan to come about halfway up sides of baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until knife inserted into pudding comes out clean. Serve warm or cold.
- You know what would go great with this old-fashioned bread pudding? Real maple syrup, like the kind that many of us grew up on. There's nothing like it, and it's great for topping bread pudding recipes like this one. (It's also good on French toast, pancakes, and waffles!)
- Fancy up your bread pudding by adding chopped fruit, like apples, peaches, pears, or even cherries!
- We've got even more simple bread pudding recipes like Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding and Georgia Bread Pudding.
- Want even more of the best pudding recipes? Check 'em out in our free eCookbook, The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In China, long noodles are eaten during the New Year to symbolize a wish for a long life. Whether or not you celebrate, we think everyone could agree on living a long, happy, and healthy life, which is why we've come up with our own way of making Lucky Chinese Noodles!
- Classic Rice Pudding
- Georgia Bread Pudding
- New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- Miss Hudson's Banana Pudding
- Quick-as-a-Wink Rice Pudding
- The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- Baked Rice Pudding
- Creamy Rice Pudding
- Very Banana Pudding
- Silky Rice Pudding