The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 10 Min
With a name like this, there's no doubt that this pudding has a little something extra to give it a "kick." One taste of this very grown-up pudding, and you'll be back for more! (But keep this one for grown-ups only, please!)
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 (10-inch) angel food cake, cut into 1 ½-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup cream sherry
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
What To Do:
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 1 to 2 minutes, or until well combined. In a large bowl, with an electric beater on high speed, beat heavy cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Place half cake chunks in bottom of a large glass serving bowl or trifle dish. Sprinkle with half of sherry then half of pudding mixture and half of whipped cream mixture. Repeat layers once more, then top with almonds. Cover loosely and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Rice isn't only for serving as a side dish or throwing at weddings! It's also a main ingredient in this to-die-for dessert. Our Baked Custard Rice Pudding is a traditional, custard-style pudding that can be served hot or chilled - either way it's so tasty!