We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Celebrate National Vanilla Custard Day any day with Mr. Food's easy custard recipe. The reward is a sweet and creamy, rich-flavored sauce to either drizzle over fresh-cut fruit or berries or to enjoy on its own as a delectable dessert.
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups (1 quart) milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, combine milk, sugar, and eggs.
- Cook over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes, or until mixture bubbles, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir constantly for 5 to 6 more minutes, until it coats a spoon and is shiny.
- Stir in vanilla and remove from heat. Let cool slightly before serving.
Makes about 1 quart sauce.
Do not overcook this, or it will curdle. Serve it over slices of pound cake or use it in an ice cream maker to make frozen custard. Just cool it completely and chill overnight before using it to make ice cream.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Old Fashioned Bread Pudding
- S'more Pudding
- Kentucky Bourbon Parfaits
- Strawberry Trifle
- Miss Hudson's Banana Pudding
- The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- Baked Rice Pudding
- Blueberry Bread Pudding
- Black and White Napoleon Pudding
- New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce