The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Celebrate National Vanilla Custard Day any day with Mr. Food's easy custard recipe. The reward is a sweet and creamy, rich-flavored sauce to either drizzle over fresh-cut fruit or berries or to enjoy on its own as a delectable dessert.
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups (1 quart) milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, combine milk, sugar, and eggs.
- Cook over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes, or until mixture bubbles, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir constantly for 5 to 6 more minutes, until it coats a spoon and is shiny.
- Stir in vanilla and remove from heat. Let cool slightly before serving.
Makes about 1 quart sauce.
Do not overcook this, or it will curdle. Serve it over slices of pound cake or use it in an ice cream maker to make frozen custard. Just cool it completely and chill overnight before using it to make ice cream.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.
- Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
- New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- Classic Rice Pudding
- Georgia Bread Pudding
- The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- Miss Hudson's Banana Pudding
- Black and White Napoleon Pudding
- Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding
- Baked Rice Pudding
- Creamy Rice Pudding