The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Very Banana Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 10 Min
When boxed pudding just won't do, our homemade Very Banana Pudding scores with its fresh-tasting big banana flavor. They'll go ape over it!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk
What To Do:
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add banana, egg yolks, and vanilla then place over medium-low heat and slowly whisk in milk until thoroughly combined. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, whisking continuously.
- Spoon into a serving bowl or individual dessert dishes and chill thoroughly; serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
For an extra special banana-chocolate treat, mix in 1/2 cup (3 ounces) miniature chocolate chips after the pudding has cooled slightly.
If you loved this simple banana recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Irresistible Banana Recipes: 36 Recipes with Bananas.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Caramel Sea Salt Banana Pudding
- Strawberry Mousse
- Georgia Bread Pudding
- Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
- Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Miss Hudson's Banana Pudding
- The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- Ambrosia Tapioca Pudding
- Blueberry Bread Pudding