Very Banana Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 10 Min
When boxed pudding just won't do, our homemade Very Banana Pudding scores with its fresh-tasting big banana flavor. They'll go ape over it!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk
What To Do:
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add banana, egg yolks, and vanilla then place over medium-low heat and slowly whisk in milk until thoroughly combined. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, whisking continuously.
- Spoon into a serving bowl or individual dessert dishes and chill thoroughly; serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
For an extra special banana-chocolate treat, mix in 1/2 cup (3 ounces) miniature chocolate chips after the pudding has cooled slightly.
If you loved this simple banana recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Irresistible Banana Recipes: 36 Recipes with Bananas.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One way to get the whole family rushin' to the dinner table is to serve up plates of these cheesy-stuffed meatballs and saucy pasta. Our recipes for Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti even features a special ingredient that adds a little extra dose of good-for-ya too!
- Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
- Creamy Rice Pudding
- Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding
- Miss Hudson's Banana Pudding
- New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- Georgia Bread Pudding
- Donut Bread Pudding
- The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- Baked Rice Pudding
- Creamy Rice and Apple Pudding