Back-to-Basics Brown Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing is more comforting than ladling some homemade gravy over our food. This Back-to-Basics Brown Gravy is a cinch to prepare, and it beats bottled gravy hands down.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce
What To Do:
In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Gradually add flour, whisking about 1 minute, or until well blended and lightly browned. Gradually add broth and browning and seasoning sauce, stirring constantly.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until smooth.
- Here are some options for things you can add along with the broth: For a richer, heartier gravy, add 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce. Or to add a simple touch of elegance, add 1/4 cup dry red or white wine. And for flavor variation, you could add 1 teaspoon of dried thyme, rosemary, or ground black pepper. Make it to suit your main course - and your favorite tastes!
- Plus, if you're making this basic brown gravy, be sure to check out our page of Tips for Making Gravy.
- Don't forget the turkey! Our Butter-Basted Herbed Turkey is a great choice!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.