Applesauce is good anytime, alone or as a side dish, but it's absolute perfection when it's a homemade Chunky Applesauce teamed with homemade potato pancakes on Hanukkah or any day.
What You'll Need:
- 8 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into thin slices (see Note)
cup apple juice
cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 50 to 60 minutes, or until desired texture, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cinnamon stick. Allow applesauce to cool then cover and chill until ready to serve.
Makes about 4 cups.
- Use whatever type of apples you prefer.
- If you prefer smooth applesauce, cook this until the apples have cooked down to a puree.
- Since apples vary in moisture content, you may need to add a bit more water during the cooking in order to get the right consistency.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
10 11 13