We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Applesauce is good anytime, alone or as a side dish, but it's absolute perfection when it's a homemade Chunky Applesauce teamed with homemade potato pancakes on Hanukkah or any day.
What You'll Need:
- 8 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into thin slices (see Note)
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 50 to 60 minutes, or until desired texture, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cinnamon stick. Allow applesauce to cool then cover and chill until ready to serve.
Makes about 4 cups.
- Use whatever type of apples you prefer.
- If you prefer smooth applesauce, cook this until the apples have cooked down to a puree.
- Since apples vary in moisture content, you may need to add a bit more water during the cooking in order to get the right consistency.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who would've thought that with just 4 ingredients you can make the tastiest shredded pork ever, and right in your slow cooker, too! Our Down-Home Shredded Pork gets it's special flavor from a combination of BBQ sauce and root beer, and when ya slow cook it for hours (like we do) you can bet those flavors are really going to come through.