We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fresh and cut off the cob or flash-frozen, corn makes a great base for this goes-with-everything relish. Corn Relish is an all-American favorite recipe that's sure to be the hit of your next party, picnic or company dinner.
What You'll Need:
- 8 ears fresh corn, husked (see Option)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
What To Do:
- Bring a soup pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the corn, cover, and return to a boil. Remove pot from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain corn and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, salt, sugar, basil, and ground red pepper; mix well. Cut the cooled corn off the cob and add to the oil mixture. Add the tomatoes, bell pepper, and scallions. Mix well, cover, and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Corn not in season? Substitute 2 thawed (1-pound) packages of frozen corn for the fresh or 2 15-ounce cans whole kernel drained.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Is there a "secret ingredient" in your favorite meatloaf recipe? There is in ours! Our Secret Ingredient Meatloaf calls for one shortcut ingredient that doesn't just make life easier, but it makes the meatloaf so moist and flavorful, too! Aren't you glad we've let you in on our little secret?