We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You can make this so fast, you'll wonder why you ever bought ready-made guacamole. Just make sure the avocados are ripe. And if they do need a little extra ripening, just place them in a brown paper bag in a warm place until you're ready to go.
What You'll Need:
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Use a fork or potato masher to blend well.
- Serve immediately.
The best avocados for guacamole are the Haas avocados which are small and dark green, almost black. And if you want to make this in advance, go ahead. But after you make it, place the avocado pit on top of the guacamole, cover, and chill until ready to use. The pit will help reduce the darkening of the guacamole and help maintain its bright green color. Bet you didn't know that!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Garlic Butter
- Fresh Pesto Sauce Recipe: How to Make Pesto Sauce
- Patient Dill Sauce
- Blue Ribbon Strawberry Preserves
- Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More
- Easy Avocado Spread
- Pushcart Onion Sauce
- 21 Homemade Salsa Recipes
- Old Time Hot Dog Sauce
- 17 Recipes for Homemade Butters and Spreads