Greek Style Hot Dog Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna hit a homerun the next time you serve hot dogs? Greek Style Hot Dog Sauce is a topping that could please the whole ballpark...yep, even the umpires!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat and saute onions until golden. Add ground beef, stirring to break it up, and continue cooking until the meat is completely browned. Mix in remaining ingredients then reduce heat to low and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to "marry".
Makes about 4 cups sauce (enough for 12 to 18 hot dogs).
You can spoon this right out of the pot onto hot dogs as they come off the grill or, if you're planning on grilling a little later, transfer it to a disposal aluminum pan, cover, and keep refrigerated. It can be easily reheated on the grill by placing the container, covered with aluminum foil, on a grill preheated to medium heat. Heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. While the sauce is heating, grill hot dogs for 5 to 8 minutes, until browned and heated through. Place hot dog rolls cut-side down on the grill for 1 to 2 minutes, until lightly toasted. Then assemble the hot dogs, topping them with the sauce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Brunch will never be the same once you've tried our recipe for Eggs Benedict Casserole. This make-ahead take on a classic breakfast recipe will impress everyone. From the moment it's set on the table, to the moment they clear their plates they'll be showering you with compliments!
- Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More
- Easy Avocado Spread
- Pushcart Onion Sauce
- Fresh Pesto Sauce Recipe: How to Make Pesto Sauce
- 21 Homemade Salsa Recipes
- Old Time Hot Dog Sauce
- Skillet Sausage Gravy
- Amish Chow Chow Relish
- Cucumber Dill Dip
- Blue Ribbon Strawberry Preserves