Lemon Barbecue Marinade
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
As we travel the South, every state - practically every city - claims to have its own variation on a barbecue marinade/basting sauce. They're all so good! I can't put my finger on exactly where this variation on a lemon-based sauce comes from, but it sure is tasty with pork and beef.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until well blended. Use as a marinade for your favorite fish or poultry. Allow it to marinate at least 30 minutes, then bake, broil, grill, or barbecue as desired, reserving the excess marinade.
- In a small saucepan, bring the marinade to a boil. Let boil for 10 minutes, then serve as a sauce over the fish or poultry.
Makes about 3/4 cup.
You can always add more hot pepper sauce, if you want it spicy.
- Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More
- Easy Avocado Spread
- Pushcart Onion Sauce
- 21 Homemade Salsa Recipes
- Fresh Pesto Sauce Recipe: How to Make Pesto Sauce
- Old Time Hot Dog Sauce
- Skillet Sausage Gravy
- Cucumber Dill Dip
- Blue Ribbon Strawberry Preserves
- Amish Chow Chow Relish