Lemon Barbecue Marinade
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
As we travel the South, every state - practically every city - claims to have its own variation on a barbecue marinade/basting sauce. They're all so good! I can't put my finger on exactly where this variation on a lemon-based sauce comes from, but it sure is tasty with pork and beef.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until well blended. Use as a marinade for your favorite fish or poultry. Allow it to marinate at least 30 minutes, then bake, broil, grill, or barbecue as desired, reserving the excess marinade.
- In a small saucepan, bring the marinade to a boil. Let boil for 10 minutes, then serve as a sauce over the fish or poultry.
Makes about 3/4 cup.
You can always add more hot pepper sauce, if you want it spicy.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
German Potato Salad isn't creamy like some of the traditional American potato salads you may be used to, but that doesn't mean it isn't as delicious! Our German Potato Salad has a sweet vinegary base and includes tasty ingredients like bacon, onion and fresh parsley.