Old-Fashioned, Almost-Basic Tomato Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There are lots of different pasta sauces, but this one is pure simplicity. It's a must for any pasta lover.
What You'll Need:
- 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 celery stalks, cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
What To Do:
- In a blender or food processor, puree the onion, celery, and carrots, add the water and mix.
- In a large saucepan, combine the olive oil and vegetable purée and cook over medium heat; simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 1-1/2 hours, stirring frequently.
Serve over your favorite pasta.