Old-Fashioned, Almost-Basic Tomato Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There are lots of different pasta sauces, but this one is pure simplicity. It's a must for any pasta lover.
What You'll Need:
- 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 celery stalks, cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
What To Do:
- In a blender or food processor, puree the onion, celery, and carrots, add the water and mix.
- In a large saucepan, combine the olive oil and vegetable purée and cook over medium heat; simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 1-1/2 hours, stirring frequently.
Serve over your favorite pasta.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Homemade soup that's this hearty is simply irresistible! Between the rich tomato broth and the cheese-filled pasta it's hard not to fall in love with Mama Mia's Tortellini Soup. So, grab your favorite bowl and your soup spoon, 'cause this soup recipe is sure to please!