Simple Homemade Pickles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Turn those extra cukes sitting in your fridge veggie bin into some fresh-tasting crispy and crunchy homemade pickles. Our Test Kitchen's foolproof Simple Homemade Pickle recipe is as close to what you'd find in an old-fashioned pickle barrel.
What You'll Need:
- 7 cups sliced cucumbers (about 5 medium cucumbers)
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, onion, and green pepper . Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving.
Pickles will keep about 3 months in the refrigerator. For a different touch, add EITHER a little garlic, dill, oregano, or hot pepper sauce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad that's tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises is sure to be one of your favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties!
- Fresh Pesto Sauce Recipe: How to Make Pesto Sauce
- Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More
- Easy Avocado Spread
- Blue Ribbon Strawberry Preserves
- Pushcart Onion Sauce
- 21 Homemade Salsa Recipes
- Old Time Hot Dog Sauce
- Skillet Sausage Gravy
- Amish Chow Chow Relish
- Cucumber Dill Dip