Watermelon Apricot Barbecue Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This homemade barbecue sauce is like no other! With the secret ingredient of healthy watermelon, which adds a spark of flavor, it's a barbecue sauce that will add a fresh touch to any grilled favorite.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups apricot preserves
- 3 cups watermelon chunks, pureed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup diced watermelon
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté until onion is soft and golden, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
Makes 3 cups
Serve over roast pork, grilled chicken, or your favorite seafood.
Recipe courtesy of and adapted from National Watermelon Promotion Board.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe will take your taste buds down South, to where good old-fashioned tastes are still king. Our Homemade Biscuits and Gravy are full of so much down-home goodness, you'll want to eat 'em at breakfast AND dinner, which is perfectly right by us!
- Fresh Pesto Sauce Recipe: How to Make Pesto Sauce
- Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More
- Easy Avocado Spread
- Pushcart Onion Sauce
- Blue Ribbon Strawberry Preserves
- 21 Homemade Salsa Recipes
- Old Time Hot Dog Sauce
- Skillet Sausage Gravy
- Amish Chow Chow Relish
- Simple Homemade Pickles