Warm Honey Walnut Dressing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing like homemade salad dressing, and this warm honey walnut dressing, with the surprise of sweet dark cherries, takes the prize for a tangy and sweet flavor combination that's guaranteed to please.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 2 heads Boston, Bibb, or romaine lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (17-ounce) can sweet dark pitted cherries, drained
What To Do:
- Place oil and walnuts in a medium saucepan and warm over medium heat until nuts are slightly brown.
- Add honey, maple syrup, and Italian dressing; reduce heat to low and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, until hot, stirring frequently.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl and toss with dressing. Top with cherries.
If you'd like, you can substitute grapes, dried cranberries, dried cherries, or apple slices for the canned cherries.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Clear the deck sailors! Our recipe for Avocado Breakfast Boats is so good it'll blow your taste buds right out of the water! Just imagine a fresh avocado and tomato salsa mixed together and served over fluffy, scrambled eggs right in the avocado "boats"...it's a breakfast delight!