We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You remember that favorite deli of yours that served Reubens piled high with corned beef and sauerkraut and smothered in cheese? Wouldn't it be nice to serve those at your next casual get-together? They're easy! (And don't forget the pickles!)
What You'll Need:
- 1 loaf (12 ounces) French bread, unsliced
- 12 ounces sliced corned beef
- 1 can (14.4 ounces) sauerkraut, well drained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Russian or Thousand Island dressing (1 cup)
- 1 package (6 ounce) sliced Swiss cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise (horizontally) and slightly hollow out the center of each half by removing the soft center 1/2-inch deep on each side. Spoon each hollowed-out half with 1/4 cup of the dressing.
- Place 1/2 of the corned beef on each half of the loaf and spoon another 1/4 cup of the dressing on each half. Evenly top each half with the sauerkraut, followed by half of the cheese. Wrap each half loosely in foil and bake for 20 minutes until the cheese melts. Cut each half into 6 pieces.
You can use rye bread instead of French bread if you'd rather, but it tends to be a bit harder to cut and eat.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who would've thought that with just 4 ingredients you can make the tastiest shredded pork ever, and right in your slow cooker, too! Our Down-Home Shredded Pork gets it's special flavor from a combination of BBQ sauce and root beer, and when ya slow cook it for hours (like we do) you can bet those flavors are really going to come through.