We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You remember that favorite deli of yours that served Reubens piled high with corned beef and sauerkraut and smothered in cheese? Wouldn't it be nice to serve those at your next casual get-together? They're easy! (And don't forget the pickles!)
What You'll Need:
- 1 loaf (12 ounces) French bread, unsliced
- 12 ounces sliced corned beef
- 1 can (14.4 ounces) sauerkraut, well drained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Russian or Thousand Island dressing (1 cup)
- 1 package (6 ounce) sliced Swiss cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise (horizontally) and slightly hollow out the center of each half by removing the soft center 1/2-inch deep on each side. Spoon each hollowed-out half with 1/4 cup of the dressing.
- Place 1/2 of the corned beef on each half of the loaf and spoon another 1/4 cup of the dressing on each half. Evenly top each half with the sauerkraut, followed by half of the cheese. Wrap each half loosely in foil and bake for 20 minutes until the cheese melts. Cut each half into 6 pieces.
You can use rye bread instead of French bread if you'd rather, but it tends to be a bit harder to cut and eat.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a homemade dessert, but don't feel like baking? Then our recipe for No-Bake Lemonade Cheesecakes is right up your alley! In less than 10 minutes you can whip up this 5-ingredient dessert recipe that'll have you dreaming of breezy blue skies and fields of fresh berries.