Barbecue Chicken Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What would we do without the convenience of a market rotisserie chicken? Any busy person knows that this little secret weapon is the shortcut to lots of homemade meals, like our sink-your-teeth-into-it Barbecue Chicken Sandwich.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup pepper jelly
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (3-4 pound) cooked rotisserie chicken, pulled and shredded
- 4 to 5 crusty rolls
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook 15 minutes or until caramelized, stirring frequently. Add barbecue sauce, jelly, water, and brown sugar; stir until jelly is melted.
- Stir in chicken and cook until heated through. Spoon over rolls and serve immediately.
Serve this up with nice, juicy slices of watermelon. For more information, click here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One way to get the whole family rushin' to the dinner table is to serve up plates of these cheesy-stuffed meatballs and saucy pasta. Our recipes for Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti even features a special ingredient that adds a little extra dose of good-for-ya too!
- State Fair Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Italian Style Sourdough Melt
- Company Fancy Chicken Wraps
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich
- Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Layered Italian Crescent Ring
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches