Caprese-Style Grilled Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The colorful and fresh ingredients we'd find in an Italian caprese salad are layered and melted together in this novel Caprese-Style Grilled Cheese sandwich that's sure to become a favorite at your house!
What You'll Need:
- 8 slices Italian or sourdough bread
- 4 plum tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 slices
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
What To Do:
- Place 4 slices bread on work surface. Evenly layer each with tomato and mozzarella slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with basil. Place remaining bread slices on top and brush both sides of sandwiches with olive oil.
- Cook in batches in a skillet over medium heat, until golden on both sides and the cheese is melted.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Kitchen Sink Pie was inspired by the famous "Kitchen Sink" ice cream dessert from Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor in Florida. Like the original, it's got everything but the kitchen sink, including an ice cream cone crust, piles of ice cream, and all sorts of sundae toppings!