Cheese Pretzel Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for an after-school snack that's easy to make and filling, too? Let us introduce you to the pretzel sandwich - a variation on those fresh pretzels sold on the streets of New York, but better with the melted cheese!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (13 ounce) package frozen baked soft pretzels (6 pretzels), thawed
- 6 slices (6 ounces) American cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each pretzel horizontally in half. Place halves back together and place on a large baking sheet. Bake 1 to 2 minutes, until warmed through.
- Remove from oven and immediately place a slice of cheese between each of the pretzel halves. The warmth of the pretzel will melt cheese and hold pretzel together.
- Serve, or wrap each individually and chill, then serve as is or rewarmed.
For kids who like mustard on their pretzels, squeeze some yellow mustard on the bottom pretzel halves before adding the cheese. And the beauty about using frozen pretzels is that you don't need to make them all at once - if you need only two, take two out of the freezer and just make those!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know those over-the-top burgers that you can find at popular restaurants? Well, we created our version of one that's inspired by some real-down home flavors. Our Honky Tonk Burgers are loaded with bacon, cheese, barbecue sauce, onion rings, and more. Now that's what we call a burger!