Classic Monte Cristo Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't pass on the powdered sugar and strawberry preserves. They lend a pleasant and traditional sweetness to these otherwise savory batter-fried sandwiches.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 6 slices sandwich bread, trimmed
- 3 slices cooked turkey
- 3 slices cooked ham
- 3 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup pancake mix
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Sifted powdered sugar (optional)
- Strawberry preserves (optional)
What To Do:
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread on 1 side of each bread slice. Place 1 slice each of turkey, ham, and cheese on 3 bread slices. Top with remaining bread. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally, and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Combine egg and milk in a shallow dish. Add pancake mix, stirring until blended. Dip each sandwich into batter.
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet, griddle, or electric skillet; add sandwiches, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until light golden. If desired, serve with powdered sugar and strawberry preserves
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a hard time deciding which Halloween candies you want to eat first, then you're going to love this recipe for Halloween Candy Bark. We took some tips from Dr. Frankenstein and created a bark made from an assortment of your favorite candy. The results are "monstrously" good!