We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The Cubano or Cuban Sandwich is a popular ethnic favorite in Miami's Little Havana, and it is easy to recreate at home. We recommend serving these up with crunchy plantain chips for extra tasty enjoyment.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 loaf Cuban bread, sliced in half horizontally (see Note)
- 8 thin dill pickle slices
- 1/2 pound deli baked ham, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound deli roast pork, thinly sliced
- 8 slices (1/2 pound) Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
What To Do:
- Spread mustard evenly on both sides of bread. Layer bottom half with pickles, ham, pork then cheese. Replace top half of bread and cut into 4 sandwiches.
- Spread butter on top and bottom of sandwiches and grill in a hot panini press or grill pan until cheese is melted and bread is golden. Slice in half and serve immediately.
You can use Italian or French bread instead of Cuban, if you prefer.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've had chicken coated in breadcrumbs and covered in crunchy potato chips, but have you ever tried using your favorite frozen potato tots? Now you can! Our recipe for Cheesy Potato Tot Chicken is a total game-changer. Just a few simple ingredients and you're off to making your family's new-favorite chicken dinner.