Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- 16 sandwiches
- 5 Min
- READY IN
- 5 Min
Another classic English favorite, these are usually served with watercress tea sandwiches. Take a tip from my old catering days and garnish the tray with radish rosebuds and bunches of parsley!
What You'll Need:
- 16 slices white bread
cup heavy cream
cup (1 ounce) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard (optional)
of a medium cucumber, peeled and cut into 16 thin slices
What To Do:
- Using a 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, cut two bread rounds from the center of each slice of bread; discard the remaining scraps.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the heavy cream, Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and mustard (if desired) for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well blended.
- Spread evenly over eight bread rounds. Place a cucumber slice over the cheese mixture on each and top with the remaining bread rounds.
- Serve, or keep chilled until ready to serve.
These sandwiches can also be cut into squares by cutting the crusts off the bread, then cutting each slice into 4 squares - but you'll need more cucumber slices. The round shape is nice because it's the same size as the cucumbers.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
07 27 12